Final specs for my PC build

If you don't wanna read my bullshit and just wanna see the specs, just keep scrolling down until you see a table of my PC specs generated by PCPartPicker.

So I just found out yesterday that I've just saved enough cash to build my PC (TBH it's also my very first time I build a PC), and now I just have to wait till Saturday (obviously because my school time restricts me to go to this PC hardware store), and my dream will (hopefully) come true, because my parents DON'T seem to like me building a PC (they thought that I might break some shit and other nonsense like too lazy to RMA stuff, etc etc etc etc...) and forced me to get a laptop instead. However, after I forced them to let me build a PC gazillions of times, they eventually allowed me (probably they were SO annoyed with me begging to build a PC and that's why it happened).

The build is somewhat budget-oriented, as I only have like $750 here, and I had to use some cheaper parts for some stuff (e.g. the motherboard). However, I also desperately wanted a quad-core Intel CPU (due to me using OBS quite frequently and my current shitty C2D CPU just can't keep up), but due to my somewhat tight budget and due to me forcing to get GTX 1050 Ti (instead of regular 1050) and 16 GB RAM for my VM stuff I had to find slightly lower tier CPUs to help reduce the cost. After looking thru the interweb thousands of times, I found a CPU that interests me.
It's the Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3. If you've never heard about Xeon CPUs before, it's basically Intel's server/workstation CPU that comes in 3 series: Xeon E3, E5, and E7 (just like Core i3, i5, and i7). I won't explain them though because it's gonna be really long.
It has 3.4 GHz base speed and 3.8 GHz turbo, and it's a hyperthreaded quad-core CPU. It's not overclockable, so it's more like an i7-4770 (and both are also quite similar in terms of performance)

Now, here's what the build should look like (overall wattage: ~253 W).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $239.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock B85M-PRO3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $75.00
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $84.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card $144.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic ECO 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $43.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $652.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-04 06:50 EDT-0400

You may notice that I don't plan on buying an SSD. This is because power outages are very frequent here, and from what I read, SSDs tend to break when you don't safely turn off your PC (i.e. not using the "shut down" option). Most of the current SSDs offer protection against unsafe shutdowns, but still, there's still a chance it might break anyway. I could've bought a UPS but that'll exceed my expected budget, so maybe next time.

Also, because I live in Indonesia, the price is apparently higher than those mentioned above, so basically it's gonna take around $730 to get the parts above.

I changed my mind on the PSU, so instead of buying the CX500 I'm gonna buy Seasonic ECO 430W instead. It's currently on sale here, so it's gonna worth it. Also, Seasonic is one of the best PSU manufacturers besides Super Flower (IMO). It tends to be reliable and durable.

I also found out that the store here has this weird PSU called Segotep GP600T. Apparently Segotep is a Chinese case and PSU manufacturer, and it's quite dubious as there are only a very few reviews of it, and it's only distributed in Indonesia, China, and Romania (from what I read). However, the PSU was officially rated 80+ Titanium (Ecova is the only company responsible for rating PSU efficiency), yet it only costs $75, something other 80+ Titanium PSUs can't offer, which makes it so dodgy (normally, 80+ Titanium PSUs cost over $230 here). The durability of it is probably poor (well, don't trust unknown Chinese brands as they're usually POS).
Apparently, Segotep is one of Seethru Co. Ltd's companies, besides the Colorful (the somewhat well-known company that manufactures GeForce GPUs). However, it can't totally guarantee that its build quality is decent.

And for case, there's actually this case called Power Up Basic (Power Up's a local brand here in Indonesia). It's only $9, and I don't really care about airflow anyway as my current prebuilt ThinkCentre PC (the shitty C2D PC) has the exact same poor airflow. I'm also not a fan of those sci-fi case designs; I prefer those classic 90's prebuilt case designs (simplicity is what I like in design).

The board costs around $75 here, but the price isn't listed on PCPartPicker.

I only have a 1366x768 VGA monitor here (doesn't support any other connection types), so I need to buy an HDMI to VGA adapter to be able to plug the monitor to the PC as Nvidia decided to not bundle DVI to VGA adapters in the retail package (this applies to all manufacturers, probably Nvidia bribed them to not include it). The cheapest I can find is around $3, but probably it might break easily, so yeah, I should buy a better one than that. DisplayPort or DVI-D to VGA adapters should work too, but I prefer HDMI to VGA since HDMI is much more common nowadays compared to DVI and DisplayPort.

Hopefully my PC building dream isn't crushed though. My parents DON'T like the way I force them, and they apparently wanted me to get a laptop instead; something that I won't need for the next 2 years.

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "Final specs for my PC build"

Post a Comment