When PC building plan becomes fucked up

Shit. I have to tell you that NONE of the parts I wrote in the previous post match the one I'm using now. Lemme tell you how this shit happened.

So yesterday I was buying all the parts for my PC build. The store was quite far TBH, so going back home isn't worth it. It's basically the only closest store here. Anything farther and I'll have to go to Jakarta.

So this dude on the store asked me which parts I wanna buy. Well, because I got so hyped on the CPU (it's Xeon), I decided to ask whether the E3-1231 v3 is still in stock. And...

He said NO. Basically "I'm sorry, that part is outta stock. Wanna choose another?" Damn. I don't wanna go home disappointed with it, and I wanna build it pronto so I was kinda forced to get the i5-4460. It's THE ONLY HASWELL CPU IN STOCK there. Not even the i7-4770 is in stock so yeah, I'm SOL.

Also, the G.Skill RAM is also outta stock, so instead I take Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR3-1333 instead (well, RAM frequencies DON'T matter). Because the i5 is much cheaper than the Xeon (around $75 difference) I also asked whether there's still any decent SSDs in stock (I didn't actually plan on getting an SSD due to the budget). Samsung 850 EVO, Kingston HyperX Fury, whatever. You know what happened? NONE OF THEM ARE IN STOCK!!!!!!11111 >:(

So I thought "fuck, this store is so damn unreliable. I'll never trust this shit again".

However, he offered me this weird-ass Colorful SSD (apparently Colorful is a somewhat well-known company that manufactures GeForce GPUs. I took the 120 GB version because I'm so pissed off with their parts availability. I could've gotten the 240 GB one, but seeing that the SSD isn't that well-known, I grabbed the 120 GB instead. Hopefully I can sell this later so that I could get an 850 Evo instead (the SSD was on sale too, so yeah I could use that to my advantage).

GPU? Well, same. He said that none of the GTX 1050 Ti have arrived yet. Ugh... so I bought the XFX RX 460 instead (which is MUCH weaker, and the price difference is too small). It's the Double Dissipation 4GB version though.

HDD? The Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM is OUTTA STOCK. WD 2TB 7200RPM? OUTTA STOCK. Seagate 2TB 7200RPM? OUTTA STOCK (again). HGST 2TB 7200RPM? Sorry, we currently don't have any desktop HGST drives in stock (it's no longer listed on their site). DUH! I said like "Damn. Fine, I'll get the WD Blue 2TB 5400RPM instead." -_-

Motherboard? ASRock B85M Pro3 isn't in stock, sorry, you've come to the wrong place. Please kill yourself if you don't want it, otherwise, get an ASUS H81M-E. The board is kinda shitty, as it only has 2 RAM slots (which means limited upgradeability).

PSU? The Seasonic ECO 430W that's on sale? We're sorry, it's sold out. Someone decided to rape all the PSUs and they all got AIDS. DUH! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU OPEN A PC HARDWARE STORE IF YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE MORE THAN HALF OF THE ITEMS IN STOCK!??!?!?!

Oh yeah, there's another PSU on sale which is Super Flower FX 450W, that costs only $15 more, so I bought it. At least both the Seasonic and Super Flower are 80+ Bronze PSUs, and both are some of the most reliable PSU brands too.

At least they still have a budget case (not gonna tell which brand it is), cheapo Logitech mouse, and a HDMI to VGA adapter (the RX 460 doesn't have any DVI to VGA adapters outta the box just like the GTX 1000 series).

Total? $692. That's slightly lower than expected.

I got pissed off at home too, and I'm gonna sell BOTH the i5 and the SSD if I get enough cash again. I never wanted an i5 as it's a non-hyperthreaded quad-core CPU unlike Xeon E3 or i7, and I don't want this Colorful SSD due to its questionable quality. Hopefully I can get the Xeon next month, and the 850 Evo in January, which means that I have to cancel the fun long holiday plan in December (I'm gonna buy GTA V in February maybe). Damn.

Hopefully I won't experience the same shit again on another store. And I should stop buying from this one store anymore cuz damn, it's just so fucked up.

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "When PC building plan becomes fucked up"

Post a Comment